Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Booking!

I've been doing a ton more booking in the last year. Booking the majority of my shows and doing majority of the promotions. It's equally exciting as it is terrifying. I feel like I need to meet more local bands and spread the goth around a little bit. I'm not afraid to take on the goth label, despite boiling in the local music scenes vile hipster juice. I feel a lot better about what I'm doing when I give it that label. I get to re-identify with my oldest self, the other.

I don't mind being the black sheep, I can't help it. It's a part of my nature to be excited and ready to revolutionize everything I come into contact with. I suppose you could attribute that to my Scorpio nature. When things are out of order I will destroy it and rebuild it with subtle perfection. Like with my approach to gigs, I go with my gut always. Working to get the perfect mix of bands. It's like a recipe that I need to invent and that I have only a few chances per month to try.

I do think there is a lot of possibility to be creative in booking and to start running some interesting events.  Been talking to DJ SLT of KFAI's Across The Board lately about booking some shows at Ground Zero in Minneapolis, Chamber, Hard Mondays, the whole goth gambit! I'll be working with Uzza and All The Pretty Horses on shows this year as well as all my favorites. I'm hoping to realize my Twin Peaks show this year and to make it my first fundraiser!

There's energy in the air today and I'm totally ready to keep making Ficshe happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment